دليل المترجمين التحريريين والشفويين واللغويين التطبيقيين
Directory of Translators, Interpreters and Applied Linguists
Home JATAL's Website Listinig Criteria President's Message Ask translators & interpreters
IMPORTANT: Nobody will ask any person to pay for listing in this directory. Nobody will ask for perrsonal information or account information, such as passwords.
1. The Jordanian Translators and Applied Linguists Association holds no responsibility for any contact or transaction among its members, listed members and/or third parties. We do not and shall not give any guarantee for any language job, if you choose to outsource any of the members. This is an essential condition and if you do not agree, please, do not contact any member or JATAL.
2. Registered members who have paid subscription fees to the association are designated as Active Members.
3. Listed people who are not duly subscribed to our association are listed as either Honorary Members or Unverified Skills members.
4. JATAL Active Members who hold a degree in Arabic are automatically endorsed as Arabic linguists, such as teachers, content writers or proofreaders in Arabic.
5. JATAL Active Members who hold a degree in a
foreign language other than Arabic are automatically verified as general
translators from and into Arabic. JATAL recognises that this
verification is not adequate and that this automatic recognition cannot
guarantee quality of work of a candidate, for which reason we offer a
higher-level verification and testing upon request.
JATAL recognises that this verification is not adequate and that this automatic recognition cannot guarantee quality of work of a candidate, for which reason we offer a higher-level verification and testing upon request.
6. Verification of other skills required the candidate to submit strong evidence or take a test.
7. Consultant: is an Active Member who proves do have done consultancy work for international organisation. For verification purposes, consultancy relates to the linguist's delivery of such services as language/translation based manual for human resources, consultation on dictionaries, consultation on curriculum development and the like. Another essential requirement is that the candidate to this skill is required to have written and published books and peer-reviewed papers in his area of specialty.To be verified as a consultant, you need to submit your credentials to us at email@example.com
8. Legal Translator: An Active Member who passes an exam by JATAL.
9. Simultaneous and consecutive interpreting: An Active Member who is endorsed by another Active Member who works as a simultaneous and consecutive interpreting and is able to confirm that he has extensively worked with the candidate and is happy with his performance. It is an essential condition that the candidate must have worked as an interpreter in a variety of fields. Specific subject matter candidates cannot apply for endorsement as simultaneous and/or consecutive interpreters.
10. Court Interpreter: An Active Member who is a lawyer or who is a linguist but passes the legal competence test by JATAL.
11. Teaching or Training translators, Arabic or Arabic for Non-Native Speakers: An Active Member who submit credentials supporting his claim. A certificate of service is required proving that the candidate has worked for at least one year in the designated area.
12. Proofreading: An Active Member who can prove that he has proofread a book, provided that his name is printed on the book acknowledging his proofreading role.
13. Active Members are issued a card and a certificate and each
Active Member shall post a copy of those credentials in his profile.
JATAL preserves the right at any time to remove the listing of any
member who has failed to pay the annual fees.
13. Active Members are issued a card and a certificate and each Active Member shall post a copy of those credentials in his profile. JATAL preserves the right at any time to remove the listing of any member who has failed to pay the annual fees.
14. Non-Tampering Condition and Clause: By registering in our website, you understand that technically you can change the skills after the administrator of the directory confirms the skills and verifies them. However, changing the skills without the prior consent of JATAL is strictly prohibited and may be penalized by your removal from the list.
JATAL's verification of skills is exercised at JATAL's sole discretion. No member has the right to appeal the decision of JATAL in relation to the result of the vetting process.
For more information about verification of skills, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org